Wednesday, April 4, 2007

RE Withdrawal

I had my first U/S at my OB Clinic today. The baby is now measuring 9 weeks, 5 days, so just two days behind where it should be. The heart rate was 183. The sac was only measuring at 7 weeks & something. The Dr. wasn't there for the U/S, so I asked the technician about the sac & she didn't seem to think anything of it. She thought it was my first U/S since learning I was pregnant, so I had to explain everything to her. I told her about the IVF & the vanishing twin & she just said, "Hmmmm, I see". I wanted to jump up & shout, give me that wand, I'll show you how it's done. OMG, I miss my RE already, I want to go back there, help me!! Don't they know that I am a special needs infertile, for the love of God? Plus, this pregnancy has been touch & go from the beginning. How am I going to make without the loving, hand holding of my Reproductive Clinic? This is going to be interesting. I have an appointment with my Nurse Practitioner next Thursday to go over all the paperwork & everything. Yikes, I'm scared..............I'm scared to hope that this might actually work, I've been preparing myself for the worst all along, now I don't know what to think. Oh God, please let this be O.K.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's good! How exciting! I wonder if the sac is catching up to where it is supposed to be like the baby is?

Lady Disdain said...

Poor thing. I too dread the transition to the OB. I'm thinking that I need to find someone who is familiar with my "special needs." Said "special needs" are actually an intense paranoia and the sneaking suspicion that I can actually diagnose myself better than any doctor can.