Thursday, January 25, 2007

IVF 101

Today is day 12 of Lupron shots, so far so good. I had my first Ultra Sound on Tuesday & the nurse said she was looking for everything to be quiet on the ovary front & it was, so thank goodness for that. I think my Husband gets a little nervous when we go in for the Ultra Sounds, sometimes he says inappropriate things, which I find amusing, but sometimes the nurse doesn't find as funny. He says things like, "So, anything in there, Doc"? & "Come here often"? God Bless him, if it gets me to shoot snot out of my nose & not think about the large wand up my vag, then who cares what they think.
I start my stims tomorrow, so that will be 3 shots a day. It's not so bad actually, the only disconcerting thing is the bald man (The Husband) running around my kitchen in the morning screaming, "stab, stab, stab"! I have 2 more Ultra Sounds next week, so I will keep you posted. I really hope this works, we gave up a 5 year anniversary trip to Tahiti swimming with the sharks for these little embryo's.
Here's to all of us keeping our sanity while enduring this Hell we call Infertility.

Till tomorrow.......................

No comments: