Friday, February 23, 2007

Still in Shock

I have been elated since I heard the news on Wednesday, it's just so surreal. When I went in for my blood draw that day, I told the Nurse to have the Dr. call my Husband, that way if it was bad news I wouldn't freak at work. I was waiting, waiting, waiting & then I got an E-card from my Husband. When I opened it it said Congratulations with some little spazy people running around. I thought to myself, if this is a card that says like Congratulations, you are beautiful or something I was going to seriously murder him. When the message finally popped up it said, This just in...you are prego! I asked him about 10 times, what exactly did the Dr. say? He said, she just said "Congrats, your pregnant. Come back in 2 days for another blood draw to make sure her levels are increasing". My Husband is not one for details. Did she say what the number was, what number? OMG, I knew I should have taken the call! :)
I had my second blood draw this morning, so just waiting nervously until the Nurse calls this afternoon. I am so thankful, excited & scared. I told my boss the news, who referred me to my Clinic. He & his wife got pregnant on their first IVF & now have a 1 year old. He said, "you still have a long way to go, your certainly not out of the woods yet". I know that, but can I at least be blissfully happy for one day for God's sake. I have never been pregnant EVER in my life & it was exciting for me. I know this time is crucial, but I hope to remain positive & optimistic.

In other news, we are supposed to get a Monster Snow Storm here in the Twin Cities this weekend. My Husband's excited as he's a big Snowboarder, but me on the other hand, not so much. Yikes, should be interesting!! Hopefully, there will be some reruns of "The Real Housewives of Orange County" on this weekend. I love that show, it's so skanky & scandalous.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Keep us posted when you get that call! I'm excited to see confirmation that your hormone levels are increasing!

I gotta say, ever since the transfer, I was anticipating that Weds blood draw like it was my own pregnancy! I woke up Weds morning, and the first thing I thought (like a kid waking up on Xmas) was "Jen's blood draw is today! She finds out she's pregnant today!" I'm so excited for you, Jen; there are just no words.

Hopeful Mother said...

Congratulations. Hoping for a good second number for you...!