Wednesday, March 21, 2007

And the plot thickens.....

Low & behold, CRM called today & wanted to know if I was coming in for my 12:15 U/S? Whaat, what? Apparently an appointment was made, but I didn't know it? Anyway, cruised over there & met with the Dr. my OB spoke with last Friday. They did the U/S & the bigger embryo's heartbeat is still going like crazy & it has shown development since Friday. The smaller one still has a heartbeat, but very faint. The Dr. said we have to just keep trucking along as if this pregnancy will work out. He said to keep our fingers crossed. They sent me off with new pictures & instructions to bring to my OB. Talked to my OB this afternoon & will meet with a nurse next week to go over everything & have an U/S with him in two weeks. Not getting my hopes up, but this whole situation has been crazy!! So, I should be 8 weeks today, the bigger embryo is measuring 7 weeks, 4 days & the smaller one is measuring 6 weeks, 1 day.
The Dr. I met with today assured me that this was not indicative of future problems for other cycles & that this one is not over yet, so everything crossed that this will work out.

So there you have it.

6 comments:

Hopeful Mother said...

WOW. That sounds really promising with the bigger embryo.

I will continue to pray for you and hope for the best!

Carol said...

Wow, well that sounds good. 7 weeks 4 days is only 3 days behind - and isn't that within the margin of error at this point? the u/s tech at my REs office said that it's really hard to get an accurate measurement when they are this small, and not to worry if they measure off by a few days.

Try to think positive - it might help the little embryo - that little guy sounds like a fighter!

Did they tell you what the heart rate is?

So now you have to wait another whole two weeks? That's going to be torture.

JW said...

Oh Jen, that sounds promising! I'm still hoping everything still works out for you! 3 days isn't alot of difference, so you never know. Hoping for the best Jen x

Baby Blues said...

This is one hell of a rollercoaster ride! I'm hoping for nothing but good news! Seems like you have a fighter. You're in my prayers.

Jen said...

Hi Carol!
They didn't tell me the heartrate, but it was written on my sheet they gave me to give to the OB. It said 134 positive cardiac & for the smaller one it just said slow cardiac.

We will see what happens, keeping my fingers crossed.

Jen

Stephanie said...

Just wanted to say hi and that I am still keeping up with your progress. Praying for those sweet little ones.

oh, and love the picture of your cat getting a bath!